Tuesday

Fettuccine Alfredo -best ever recipe!

Pasta is such a comfort food. Here is one of our favorite pasta recipes.

Ultimate Pasta Comfort Food
A popular dish that I make occasionally is Fettuccine Alfredo. I've made it for many years using various recipes. A few years ago our paths crossed with Rich and Kristi Heinz! They both shared this recipe, "Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce" in their 2003 Saint John's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Lanesville, Indiana Cookbook.

A copy of this book was given to me to help replace my loss of several hundred cookbooks during Hurricane Katrina. One of my favorites is their Alfredo sauce! When we are having a no meat meal this is the first choice! My husband is a meat eater so I have added shrimp and chicken with this meal for those who want it!

Alfredo Sauce with Grilled Shrimp and Chicken


Ingredients

1 pint heavy cream (half & half can be used but not milk)
1 stick of butter
2 tablespoon cream cheese
1/2-3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
salt & pepper to taste

Directions

In saucepan, combine butter, heavy cream & cream cheese. 
Simmer this until all is melted and mixed well. 
Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic. 
Simmer for about 15-20 min. on low.
Serve with fettuccine noodles

While the sauce is simmering I make my pasta. You can use whatever you like. Cook according to pkg instructions.

If we are having meat I then grill the shrimp and chicken breast strips. I rub McCormick Grill Mates Seafood RUB on both the shrimp and chicken. The seasoning is just right! It has a savory, sweet, spicy blend of garlic, rosemary, lemon peel, chili peppers and cedar smoke flavor gives seafood a bold, flavorful crust that seals in juices. and it seals in the moisture of the meats!

Grill shrimp 3-5 minutes & chicken 6-8 minutes

Final step is to toss the pasta with the sauce. I usually leave a little leftover for dipping with the breadstick or garlic bread. This is a yummy dish. If you have anything to share I would love to hear it. I'm always up to trying new recipes!


7 comments:

  1. I did it. I made this for dinner tonight.

    Here's what I did for the meat portion. I had two cilantro citrus chicken breasts leftover in the frig. I chopped/shredded them up, tossed them in a pan of hot oil, and sprinkled them with Garlic Festival's Garli-Ghetti seasoning. Cooked 'em til they were just about to get crisp, then mix them in a bowl with just a little bit of sauce to keep them moist.

    Served on top of the sauce on top of the pasta We went with angel hair, cause it's what we had. I'd have preferred fettuccine.

    Thanks for the super delish recipe. We all loved it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks wonderful! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will be back to your too now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!!! Dianne I can't believe you made it already! lol I'll def try your version of the chicken! We love cilantro!!!! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alfredo is one of my favorite foods. Yours looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe. It looks terrific. We have a hearty beef casserole to share. Come on over and visit us! We have some good news we are sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make Alfredo at least once every week. It's a staple among my college kids lives! They love it and so do I! Yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips