Thursday

Crazy Breakfast Recipe with Seneca Onions

I love making this one dish breakfast meal.  It is so easy and tasty!  The last time I made it for my family I added Seneca Crisp Onions to the top of each serving!  This was the most perfect addition ever!   The Crisp Onions gave just the right amount of crunch to each bite.  They added a little bit of sweet taste to the meal, too.  The onions are all-natural and no trans fat! They are lightly seasoned with sea salt.  This gave my dish a little salty taste.  I don't normally add salt to this dish.  It really is a tasty dish!

Go check out my Cheesy Super Bowl dip, too!
Crazy Breakfast

1 pkg Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions
1 green pepper, sliced
1 lg onion sliced
1 lb bacon, cooked, broken into pieces
1 dozen eggs
1 red pepper, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 pkg lunch meat, chopped
1/2 pkg pepperoni, chopped
1 T. butter
1 package Seneca Crisp Onions
1 c. cheese (optional)

Cook the bacon and and break into pieces.  You can also cut it into pieces and fry that way. It is quicker.  Drain half the fat and then add in peppers, potatoes and onions.  Let cook 20 mins, stirring a few times. Add in meat and let cook another few minutes.   Push the mixture toward the outside of your skilled, add butter and  all the eggs.  Scramble them up and when they are almost finished mix in with the rest of the dish.  Add the cheese at this time.  It will naturally melt.  Serve the food and top each serving with Seneca Crisp Onions.

Notes:
*If I don't have Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions on hand, I will make this with fresh potatoes that I shred myself as well as store purchased fresh/frozen shreds.

*This is a crazy dish because you can really add in whatever you want to it.  I make it differently depending on what I have on hand.  This is great to do when you have just a little bit of this and that in your fridge. The potatoes, onion and eggs are really the main ingredients.
*Other items that we have used over the years in this dish included cheese, sausage, leftover Thanksgiving turkey or ham, salsa and various peppers.

This is a dish I make a few times a month.  The addition of Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions and the Seneca Onions came from product the companies sent me to try and review.  The post and recipe contains my own tasty words an opinions.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips