Tuesday

Egg Nog- egg free and tasty!

This is my best ever egg not (yes I said egg NOT) recipe. It is a huge hit at my Christmas Open House. It is an egg free egg nog! We love holiday drinks and truly this is one of our favorite. Do you have any favorite holiday drinks? If so please share!

egg nog recipe
Ok purist I know you might not want this because it is egg free BUT when I serve this NO ONE knows it is egg free until I tell them. Enjoy.


egg nog


Egg Nog Goodness!

Ingredients


1 gallon milk*
2 small packages vanilla instant pudding mix
1/3 c. sugar
4 t. vanilla
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. allspice

Directions

Wisk together 2 cups of milk with pudding. Wisk in sugar, vanilla and spices until sugar is dissolved. Wish in rest of the milk. Pour it all back into the jug and shake. About 1/2 of cup of nog would not fit into the jug so we drank it!  Chill and serve.

*note on the  milk: The first batch I used 2% and the second I used whole milk.  It tasted great with the 2% but if you want it extra creamy use whole milk.

Click here to get more of the 30 Days of Christmas Goodies!

More Holiday Drinks and Christmas Goodies




6 comments:

  1. I have never been huge egg nog fan but somehow this sounds really yummy. I love the idea of making it look like a snow man. I'm all about the presentation. :0 Thanks for the link up to BeColorful's Motivated Monday
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is just great. As you know, I have been hosting a series called Food on Friday which features a different food or ingredient each time. This week, for fun, we are doing cocktails and mocktails. If you would like to link this in – this is the link Food on Friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your cool recipe in our Crafty Showcase http://bowdabrablog.com/2012/12/01/saturday-showcase-craft-project-linky-9/ this week! We love seeing what you have been up to and visiting your blog.

    Have a wonderful week!

    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! Thank you for posting this!! My oldest son can't have eggs, but loves eggnog! I can't wait to try this for him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! I'm taking a break before my parents come over, and wanted to tell you my son really likes the eggnog! I did add some rum emulsion to it, but it's so nice for him to enjoy the drink with everyone else without getting sick!! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips