Monday

Healthier Lifestyle Journey 90 Days

Ok well I can't believe I've stuck with my healthier lifestyle for 90 days. This is the longest positive change I have ever made. I have discovered a lot of things along the way.

To find out what I'm doing check Day 1 and Day 60.

*I can run! Ok so I only run in short burst but 90 days ago I don't even think that I would have ran if being chased by zombies (speaking of Zombies I'm getting a new zombie running app next week when I get my iPhone.)

*I can lift weights. I've just recently started the circuit training at my gym. I'm going to do it 3 times a week. There are 21 stations. The first time I could only do 5 or so reps. Yesterday I did 20 on each machine and then went back and did 20 more on a few of the machines. Did you know that muscle is heavier than fat. That is why the scale didn't budge for me way back in the beginning, I don't check the scale daily and muscle burns more calories. So you have to tear it down, build it up and it will boost your metabolism.

*Cheating hurts. Ok so here goes my metal game. When we cheat on a loved one, it hurts. It is disgusting. It is betrayal. No I haven't cheated on my spouse but  I cheated on myself. I was so excited to have lost #30 I went out and ate some things I have had no desire to eat since being on this journey. The food didn't taste good (ok the first bite did) and I felt sick afterward and I felt sick the next day. I was like an alcoholic who went on a one night drunk. Mentally and physically I was sick. I never ever want to feel that way again. I now know that I use to feel that way all the time. I never want to feel that way again. I will say that to myself and I will remind myself of this if I am tempted to go crazy and cheat on myself again.

* I can really feel the weight loss. A few people have noticed but guess what? It is my mental game and I do not care what anyone else notices. I don't need validation from anyone. It is my game. I have decided that if you really want to loose, you will. If you don't think you deserve better you will cheat.

*On to exercise. I talk to the gym owner and he is the one who told me to join everything and do everything in the gym. I'm too uncoordinated to do Zumba so I bought a fat burning CD and do it every now and again at home.

*I have added in the circuit training and use the elliptical machine. I still do use the treadmill. I now rotate machines, training, etc to give me a variety. I go to the gym at least 6 days a week. I have to go. Mentally I need to go. It helps me be a better wife, mom and person. I like it.

*Now I use Noom. Check out the application. It helps me keep track of how many calories I'm burning and to make sure I"m eating enough. You have to eat to loose. I eat healthy, I choose healthier options. Not because I have to but because I want to.

*My next goal is to actually attend a Zumba class. I'll report back!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! One day at a time!

    Blessings, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I had done so well last year and the holidays rolled around and I just fell off the wagon. Now I've gained a lot of the weight back and I'm starting over. Be proud of your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Denise! YES I am at this one day at a time. Every day counts and each day is a decision to carry on and too keep feeling better!
    I appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Kathie! I hope you get back on the wagon. I have found that exercise is what is keeping me motivated and going. Did you include that into your weight loss plan? Stop in again and keep me updated.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips