Thursday

Make your own chicken stock! Don't ever buy it!

Do you ever make your own chicken stock? This recipe is so easy and tasty to make on your own. Best part it uses the crockpot so you do not have to worry about it cooking. I also love that I can control what is in my stock.  Make this today!

Chicken Stock

Ingredients

Crock pot
Water and wine to cover the chicken half way (wine is optional but use what you want)
Random veggies-garlic, onions, celery stalks, carrots, and peppers of any sort
Any seasoning- this depends on what I want the stock for later. I will use celery seed, lemon pepper, italian seasoning, basil, thyme, ginger, etc.
Chicken fryer

Directions

1-Toss a whole fryer chicken in a crock pot.

2-Add in vegetables and liquid.

3-Let the chicken cook 2 hours on high or 4 hours on low.

4-Pull out the chicken and take off all the meat that you want. This meat can be used for any recipe that requires, soft & tasty chicken.

5-Once the chicken is off the bones, toss the entire carcass back into the crock pot.

6-Cook it for another 4-6 hours on high.

7- Let the crock pot cool down and then strain out all the big stuff in the crock pot.

8- Put the crock in the fridge until the next day or transfer the liquid to a new container with a lid.

9-The next day scrape off all the fat and then use the broth for soup. If I don't need the broth at this time, freeze it for later!



Here are some of the veggies and spices that I used on my last batch. I tossed in onions, carrots, spicy cabbage, garlic, lemon grass and cinnamon with the raw chicken. I then sprinkled dry basil on top of the chicken. This was a great stock for Pho (I will post that recipe soon.)

This is step #9- Once it comes out of the fridge you can clearly see the fat! Lightly scrape it off. I add the fat to aluminum foil. This can then be tossed.


This is what the stock looks like once the majority of the fat is off! I love how beautiful it looks and all the rich goodies at the bottom. This is truly the best and cheapest stock around.




1 comment:

  1. Homemade chicken stock = the best!
    I always have a few containers in the freezer of the stuff. So easy to make, so easy to pop out of the freezer when you need it...
    I agree completely: never buy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog by the way... :-)
    Appreciate it...

    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips