Monday

Norton Spot takes on Android Madware

Norton Spot takes on Android Madware! Do you have an android phone? Are you protected?

In my household, 4 out of 5 cell phone users have an iPhone. The last hold out has an android phone. I'm not sure if she will ever do the switch over. So for now, I have one teen on her own in the android world. I never though much about this until I heard that madware was on the rise for android phone users. Do you know anything about madware? 

We learned that madware is aggressive mobile advertising which include apps that continuously update your phone with push notifications, create unauthorized desktop shortcuts and secretly collects your personal information. Creepy? Yes very and this made me really concerned for my teen and her phone. Supposedly this madware is only on android phones and not something my daughter nor I were aware of. Knowing this, my teen and I reviewed Norton™ Spot which is an ad blocker, detector, killer and stopper of this madware.

Here are a few things we learned about madware:
  • It collects your phone number
  • Collections your local information and location
  • Displays ads on your notification bar
  • Modifies your web browser bookmarks
  • Sends text message ads
  • It deliberately hides from ad detectors
My teen went to Google Play and quickly installed the Norton Spot on her phone within minutes. Norton Spot scanned her phone and identified apps that had issues on her phone. Once the problem areas were identified she was given the option to keep the app or remove it. 
She really like that this app sorted the apps by potential annoyance levels. 

We are thrilled to report that her phone was clean for now but did have a few apps with minor annoyance level. Norton Spot madware blocker will stay on the phone to keep her phone and personal information safe by reporting was is on the phone and it will give her options to keep the app or remove it.

So what do you think about this? Do you add apps from developers that you do not know? I personally felt comforted after my daughter installed Norton Spot on her phone and allowed it to check for madware. We both like how it explained and ranked the annoyance levels of ads as well as giving her the option to remove them. Will you check out Norton Spot? 

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Norton. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips