Friday

Inspiration from Operation Beautiful #MakeTime to be Kind!

I'm bumping this post up from my January archives to share it with you today. As part of the September #MakeTime Challenge to walk or exercise daily I hope that you make time to look around you and see who you can take along on this journey with you. Even we judge those around us and I have learned and relearned daily that everyone we see has their own story, their own journey. So if we could share a smile or some kind words we might help someone who is struggling.

My young friend Mackenzie below shares her way of being kind below. I hope you get inspired by it while you are off on your healthier lifestyle journey

There are so many inspiring people around me each day. I want to share their stories with you this year! Check in each week for a new dose of inspiration.
operation beautiful
My first Week of Inspiration is dedicated to a young lady that I met 8 years ago. My family had to evacuate from Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans and we settled for almost 1 year in Kentucky with family. She was a sweet, young girl at the church which we attended. Once we moved we reconnected on Facebook. She started to really inspire me and my teens a few years ago because she would post inspiring notes on her Facebook page with the theme of Operation Beautiful.
 This inspiring, beautiful young lady is Mackenzie. Here is her interview and explanation of Operation Beautiful.
What is Operation Beautiful?  
The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.” It's a little blog that tries to help readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
How long have you being involved?
I started doing it sophomore year of high school, so about three years.
Why do you do it?
I do it because it helped me so much (as a teen) and I wanted others to be helped as well. Operation Beautiful really proves that even a simple phrase can do as little as change a persons day, or even completely change someones life.
How do you spread out the message? 
I spread the message with daily posts on Facebook (limit one per day), tweets on Twitter, and of course a note or two while I'm out running around. Operation Beautiful isn't something that has to be strictly limited to post-its in the bathroom.
What are some of your favorite messages?
My favorite messages are: "The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle," "Be(YOU)tiful," "You're a cupcake in a world full of muffins," and "YOU are loved. You ARE loved. You Are LOVED."
Have you inspired others to do this, too? 
I have inspired a couple girls at my school to do it, but I don't know if they've continued to post notes or if they only had those few times I caught them. 
FROM Susie: I can say that she has inspired me and I have left a few of her quotes on post-it notes! She has also inspired my teens.
How can others get involved?
Others can get involved by posting notes, writing statuses, tweeting tweets, and using whatever they have to change people's views of themselves and end the negative fat talk. It helps if you include the Operation Beautiful website at the bottom of the note, or whatever you've written to let people know about the movement, but it's not absolutely necessary. The main goal isn't to get Operation Beautiful more well-known, it's to end fat talk.

What are some of your future plans? College or job aspirations?
 I have no future plans yet. Right now I'm not looking at colleges, but that's not to say I won't go sometime in the future. As for job aspirations; I know I want to do a ministry of some sort, but I haven't really felt a tug in a specific direction yet. I'm just going with whatever comes my way, and trusting my future to God.
What do you like to do for FUN?
For fun I go on random trips with friends, go to church, shop, and do random shenanigans. The randomness is what makes life fun!
Who inspires YOU?
God inspires me. He's kind of number one. If we're talking about people, then my friends Rebecca and Kristina do. They're always there for me, give me the tough love and wisdom I need, and they're great examples of women who fear the Lord. 
Do you have a favorite recipe? 
Uhh...I can't cook. That's one lesson I haven't learned yet. I'm a master at making grilled cheese, and heating up frozen pizzas if that those count. I do LOVE this Artichoke & Spinach dip! I could eat it for days!! That's as far as my cooking goes, apart from grilled cheese.

What is Thirty-One? How long doing it? Why are you doing it? 
Thirty-One is a company that produces totes, thermals, purses, and everything else they can think of to help women get more organized. It's based off Proverbs 31, and God is all over this company. Thirty-One was formed with a goal of helping women by giving them an opportunity to own their own business. Through God's strength, Thirty-One has built a family of individuals who feel women deserve to treat themselves and those around them to something special. That mission is at the center of everything Thirty-One is as a company.
I became a consultant on October 30 of 2012; I'm doing it, because I don't want to ask my parents for money any more...or at least not as often. 
Click here to go to my Consultant page. You can email me from that page if you have any questions for me or reply below. I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts and comments on Operation Beautiful. 
------------------------------
So are you in? Are you joining in the September Challenge? By the way since I'm not big on rules, you can JOIN IN at anytime this month. So don't be discouraged if you are just finding out about this after the first. Just start where you are and move move move! Share this post and invite others to join in.

I'll be sharing this on all my social media sites so follow me --on FacebookPinterest,InstagramTwitterGoogle Plus and LifeKraze with the hashtag. I will try and always use the hashtag #MakeTime when referring to this challenge so we can track our progress. The LifeKraze link will take you to my page and let me know that you have joined and I will add you to the MakeTime Team!

Here are the post so far




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great website. Definitely following on FB and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your inspirational project with our Crafty Showcase last week! You rock!

    We can't wait for you to stop in and share more of your ideas with us. The Crafty Showcase is open from Friday midnight until Thursday noon! http://bowdabrablog.com/

    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Susie @Bowdabra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips