Thursday

St. Patrick's Day Recipes

Last St. Patrick's Day I found out that our yearly corned beef and cabbage dinner is NOT eaten in Ireland for St Patrick's Day! Oh ok thanks for bursting our bubble!!!  I make it every year by my daughter's request!  I've yet to tell them this news!

My recipe for the Corned Beef is on the package of meat I buy at the store. Thank goodness that recipe is on there every year.  It is the only one I use and I plan on using it again this year.  Besides the meat, I add  a can/bottle of beer, chopped carrots, celery, cabbage, and potatoes. Whatever the cooking time is on the package, I add the vegetables in at the half way mark.  This cooks together and gets all happy for us to eat for our yearly St. Patrick's Day Dinner.


I always make Green Corn Bread.  This year I'm making it using Amish Friendship Bread Starter. I"ll post that recipe later.



Wilton Leaf Green Icing Color
Green Corn Bread  is very easy to make! ! You just make the cornbread mix in a bowl and swirl in some Wilton green leaf food coloring.  It is that easy! My kids love it.  Every now and again throughout the year, they will ask for green cornbread!  We don't eat it very often. I know that some do not like adding in the extra artificial colorings. If you know of another way that doesn't alter the flavor please let me know.

I've made different desserts over the years but the current favorite is



These are super easy to make! Mix up your regular brownie mix and toss in 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. This gives a few extra special creamy bites to your brownie!  Bake and cool.  While cooling take a can of cream cheese frosting (or make your own cream cheese frosting) and mix in the Wilton leaf green coloring. Just use  one small glob of coloring. I put it on a toothpick.

See pictures below.  I know some people try and stay away from all the artificial coloring.  I am not sure what to use as a substitute. If you know please leave information in the comments. You could just lightly flavor the cream cheese frosting with mint flavoring and add on the mint chips. It would taste the same without the coloring.

Here are a few pictures:


Once the brownies are cool, frost them.  Next, sprinkle with 1/2 of a bag of Andes mint broken baking chips.
Finally, cut and eat!

Here are a few links that I found this year that I will be using.  If you have any links to share please link up! I will come check them out!!! I also make Irish Soda Bread.  Here is my picture from last year. I"m going to make more today! It is so tasty.
  Here is the recipe I use:  Irish Soda Bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips