Tuesday

Hungarian Chicken Paprikas super easy!

This is a recipe that my Hungarian Mother-in-Law makes. Of course I make it even though I'm not Hungarian! lol It is super easy to make. This recipe includes the making of Spaetzle(click for recipe) or little dumplings.

Hungarian Chicken Paprikas

Ingredients

1 large onion, chopped
2 green peppers, chopped
2 large tomatoes, shopped
6 Tbsp oil
2 lbs of chicken in any form (I use chicken breast)
5 Tbsp paprika
1 c. water
2 tsp cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
spaetzle or noodles of your choice
sour cream

Directions

Toss veggies into hot oil and cook until the onions are golden. Add in chicken, water, salt & pepper. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Add in paprika & cayenne pepper. If you have access to concentrated forms of paprika (see tubes below) I suggest that you use them. The flavor is so much better than the dry paprika. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender. Serve with spaetzle or noodles. Top with sour cream.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Susie, this recipe looks delish. I have a soft spot for dishes like this. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made a Hungarian dish before but this looks super simple. I think the family would enjoy it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping in at SusieQTpies Cafe! We are serving up family, food & fun!

Please leave a comment so that I can stop over and visit your blog.

FYI I approve every comment before it is published because of the SPAM issue. Don't be alarmed if you comment doesn't show up immediately.

Have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

Blogging tips